East End (2017 Danforth Ave)
Practice style (Philosophy)
Sam graduated from the University of Toronto receiving both a Masters’s degree in Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy. He has clinical experience working with a diverse patient population, which includes treating individuals with orthopedic, neurological, and multi-system conditions. Prior to receiving his Masters’s degrees, Sam graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology from the University of British Columbia. During his undergraduate and graduate years, Sam worked as a strength & conditioning trainer and teaching assistant.
Having trained as a dual PT & OT clinician, Sam’s treatment philosophy not only emphasizes restoring physical health but also optimizing an individual’s performance in their self-care, productivity, and leisure. Understanding that rehabilitation can be a challenging process, Sam works collaboratively with his clients to develop individualized treatment plans to help meet their personal goals. He strongly believes in patient education and helping enable his clients to take an active role in their rehabilitation.
Currently, Sam utilizes a combination of manual therapy, therapeutic modalities, exercise programming, and education to treat his clients. He has completed post-graduate training in manual therapy from the Orthopaedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association, anatomical acupuncture, and vestibular rehabilitation.
Sam has always had a keen interest in sports and maintaining an active lifestyle. During his spare time, he enjoys playing volleyball, basketball, slacklining, snowboarding, and hiking. When not doing physical activity, he enjoys listening to podcasts and cooking.
MScPT, MScOT, BHK
- Registered Physiotherapist
- Registered Occupational Therapist
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy (University of Toronto)
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (University of Toronto)
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics (University of British Columbia)
- Completed Level 1 of Manual Therapy certification with the Orthopaedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Completed AA1: Foundation of Anatomical Acupuncture with Acupuncture Canada
- Completed Level 1 Vestibular Rehabilitation with the Dizziness and Balance Rehabilitation Clinic
- Strength and Conditioning Trainer at University of Toronto (2017-2020)
- Teaching Assistant for Human Kinetics courses: 1) Functional Anatomy and Physiology and 2) Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise at the University of British of Columbia (2014-2016)